Formation et Expérience
- A. Biotechnology from Columbia University in 2016
- LLM Trial Advocacy from Temple University in 2001
- S. Computer Science from Polytechnic University in 2000
- D. Law from St. John’s University in 1988
- S. Engineering and from Polytechnic University in 1984
- Captain : Circumnavigated the World with World ARC 2018-2019.
- Chair IP Practice : Holwell, Shuster & Goldberg LLP
- Chair IP Practice : Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Partner : Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
Autres activités professionnelles
- Bar and Court Admissions:
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Over 30 years of experience representing large companies including Johnson & Johnson, Philips Electronics, and Bloomberg LLP in complex patent infringement cases, some concluding with trials before juries in U.S. Federal Courts, and representing many clients before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and in other appellate circuit courts throughout the United States.
- Extensive experience in other IP litigation including complex copyright and trademark matters.
- Broad technical background, trained as a Civil Engineer, with additional degrees in Computer Science and Biology. Litigated cases involving many different sciences, most recently, the design and use of Near Field Communication (NFC) chips, cam phaser hydraulics used in internal combustion engines, short hairpin RNAi to regulate gene expression, voice-over-IP used in cable modems, the use of the hydrofluorocarbon 1234yf as a refrigerant, and high speed data compression.
- Recognitions :
Chambers USA – John is “an extremely able and impressive trial lawyer” and a “skilled strategist able to connect with juries because he’s down
to earth,” as well as a “technical genius who impresses with his sharp mind, quick strategic thinking and ability to solve problems effectively.”
2012 BTI Client Service All-Star
2013-2014, and 2016 Benchmark Litigation Top Lawyer
New York Super Lawyers 2006-2017